The Business Support Center (BSC) with support from the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) is implementing the “Shaping the Digital Economy Agenda in Armenia" project. The goal of the project is to develop the digitalization capabilities of local businesses and entrepreneurs to support the digital transformation of Armenia.
The program was launched in April of 2023. Within the framework of the 10-month program, it is planned to implement:
1․ Webinars to raise awareness of digitalization among Armenian businesses․
2․ Consultations for businesses preparing their digital transformation strategies․
3․ Development of templates, guidebooks and video materials on digitization tools․
4․ Ensuring public-private sector communication and cooperation with the help of an online platform․
5․ Public and private sector meeting-discussions in an offline format (PPDs)․
In May 2023, a series of online webinars were conducted as part of the digital transformation project.
Webinar topics were as follows:
1. Selling Content,
2. Online Sales Platforms,
3. Data Digitization and Collection,
4. CRM Tools,
5. Digitalization: Current Opportunites, AI.
The online webinars were held in Armenian language, free of charge. A total of 220 business representatives from Yerevan and different regions of RA participated in the webinar series.
Business digitalization consultation sessions were held in June-September of 2023. The 30 SMEs involved in this phase were given the opportunity to participate in free consultations (individual and group meetings) on the creation of their organization's digital transformation strategy.
In the selection of registered organizations, priority was given to participants of the online course of “Harnessing the Power of the Digital Economy!”. You can also participate in the course by watching the video lessons at this link: https://bit.ly/42FCIng
In order to raise awareness about digitalization, it is planned to develop templates, guidebooks and video materials to help businesses implement digitization and digital transformation. The guidebooks will be developed in Armenian language, will be available for public use and will be shared on BSC's social media pages and on the DigiSupport Telegram platform.
Join the DigiSupport platform to receive project updates. Platform link:
As part of the project, an online communication platform in the form of a Telegram channel was created to improve cooperation between public and private sectors. Platform users have access to the latest news, upcoming events, and educational initiatives in the digitalization field. On the DigiSupport platform, you can also follow the entire process of the digitalization project implemented jointly by BSC and be informed about the upcoming PPD meetings.
The DigiSupport Telegram platform is designed for businesses and public sector representatives, business associations and unions. We kindly invite you to join the platform through this link:
In order to ensure the improvement of cooperation between the public and private sectors, 8 meetings-discussions of the public and private dialogues (PPD) are carried out within the program. The main topics of the meetings are the digital future of Armenia, cooperation between the state and private sectors, ways of implementing the digitalization strategy developed by the state.
Below you can find information about the implemented meetings:
1. “The business digitalization and current opportunities” meeting was the first PPD meeting of the 8 PPD meeting series. It was conducted on May 23, 2023 in a format of a panel discussion. The speakers of the panel discussion were the representatives of the public and private sectors involved in the digitalization processes, digitalization experts. The meeting summary can be found in this link…
2. “Cooperation between banks and the private sector in the digitalization agenda” meeting-discussion was conducted on June 29, 2023, in a round-table discussion format. The meeting’s purpose was to create a communication platform between financial sector organizations and representatives of the private sector, which will facilitate their cooperation on the way to digital transformation. The meeting summary can be found in this link…
3. “Data Classification, Public-private dialogue on data policy issues” was held by BSC jointly with the Information Systems Agency of Armenia (ISAA), within the framework of the Agency’s Data Classification Working Group meetings. The meeting was conducted on July 18, 2023. The purpose of the data classification working group meeting was to create a communication platform between organizations involved in the working group, representatives of the public and private sectors. The meeting summary can be found in this link…
4. “5 Reasons for Businesses to Go Digital” was implemented on August 1, 2023. During the meeting public and private sector speakers presented their experience on the way to digitalization, success stories, encouraging the attendees to do digital transformation. After the speeches, the attendees asked their questions and made suggestions to the state representative. The meeting was concluded by highlighting 5 reasons for business digitalization. The meeting summary can be found in this link…
5. “Digitalization: ICT-Consultants-SMEs Cooperation” meeting was conducted on October 19, 2023 in a tripartite round-table discussion format. The main goal of the meeting was to bring together the three actors of digitalization, to identify the challenges and opportunities of cooperation, to highlight the role of the state organizations in the process of improving this tripartite cooperation. As a result of the discussion, the omissions, needs, as well as the solutions where the state can make its contribution were highlighted. The meeting summary can be found in this link…
Information about upcoming PPD meetings held within the framework of the project is regularly updated on BSC social pages and on the DigiSupport telegram channel. You can join the DigiSupport channel with this link: https://t.me/digisupport_arm